” Forty Years of Fiber Woven Friendship”
Federation of Handweavers and Fiber Artists retreat weekend is moving forward with plans for 2021! We’re excited to announce that given the promising outlook of COVID vaccines, the dates reserved are October 8-10, 2021 at the beautiful Mt. Carmel Bible Camp.
While we are hopeful that all restrictions for gathering will be lifted, compliance with CDC guidelines will be observed and activities adjusted accordingly as best as we can. If it is deemed we are unable to comply with any restrictions due to the nature of our gathering, the possibility of canceling again remains a reality.
Please be patient while the team updates all the fun planned for this weekend! Some highlights will be:
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Jeri Olson McCoy will be sharing her joy and experience doing commissioned weaving work along with teaching a woven bag class.
CLASSES: You will be able to select 2 class periods to participate in during the weekend.
THEME AND CHALLENGE: The theme for 2021 is “The Masks of COVID”TEAM FEDERATION 2021
– Co-Coordinators: Karen Peed and Cindy Graff
– Keynote speaker/theme development/challenge: Barb Lyndgaard, Linda Saupe, Julie Hiemenz
– Treasurer: Geri Retzlaff
– Registrar: Dawn Schilling
– Class Coordinator(s): Celeste Grant, Renee Samuelson
– Webmaster: Rebecca Thingvold
– Housing: Celeste Suter
– Hospitality: Theresa Bottelson
– Door Prizes: Ute Zeiss, Wendy Lankii
– Table Decorations: Josie Wicker, Hazel Lutz
– Registration and registration materials: Geri Retzlaff, Helen Stoerzinger, Karen Peed
– Weekend Emcee: Donna Gravesen